multipart/form-data

I mainly focused on generating a multipart message this week. I was using curl to send a multipart formpost previously. For example, curl -kv -F ‘lang=vlog’ -F ‘[email protected]’ http://127.0.0.4:8080/api/v19/workspace.elaborate was used to transfer data to a server. The request body was shown below. (Note: A boundary was a string of Read more…

Developing back-end

This week I mainly focused on the back-end. In this post I would also like to discuss about some Wt classes since Wt currently lacked community support. First and foremost, I would like to discuss about curl. Since the project did not involve any user interface, I had to use Read more…

Designing Web APIs

This week I was working on designing web APIs. An API was an “application programming interface” and it was needed to exchange information between different parties. The API paradigm that I focused on was Remote Procedure Call (RPC). Previously, the API paradigm used by AESTE was Representational State Transfer (REST). Read more…

A New Beginning

I returned to AESTE as an apprentice. In these four weeks, I would continue to work on my previous project. First and foremost, I was advised by Dr Shawn to create a configuration class so that it would be inherited by different FPGAs and a factory method should be implemented. Read more…

Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

End of the Line

I spent most of the time this week deploying two of our projects, P3 and S3. I started off with P3 first, since it was one of the previous projects where I contributed to its development. But while testing out the deployment, some bugs were already discovered. This is bad, Read more…

Photo by John Salvino on Unsplash

Another Deployment

I hoped on back to the certificate management application project again this week, to do some cleanup, adding a bit of documentation and test its deployment using FastCGI as well. Fortunately, the application still works as expected when deployed as a FastCGI process. We tested it out with the entire Read more…

Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

Up and Ready to Go

Continuing on from last week, I managed to finish up what I have left to do, i.e putting the participant’s contact email in the TSV output as well as testing out the POP3 implementation. Fortunately, everything went as expected. However, there were a few more additions that needed to be Read more…

Photo by Larisa Birta on Unsplash

Going back to where I started

This week I hoped on back into a project that I did during my internship here, i.e the Competition Registration System (CRS). Basically, some changes and enhancements are needed to be made, and the registration period for the competition starts next month. Some enhancements include splitting up the composer’s name Read more…

Misfortune with Windows

Just as I was continuing to test my current server application, I bumped into another problem. This time it’s a little tricky, as it is something that only happens to Windows, while the other operating systems I tested (i.e Linux and Mac OS) worked perfectly fined. The problem this time Read more…

Photo by John Salvino on Unsplash

The Calm After the Storm

Not much to be said for this week. However, as I have mentioned in my previous blog post, I have decided to just use RSA key pairs when generating client certificates. I was finally able to move on to other important stuff, such as setting up the Woocommerce web store. Read more…