Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

End of the Line

I spent most of the time this week deploying two of our projects, P3 and S3. I started off with P3 first, since it was one of the previous projects where I contributed to its development. But while testing out the deployment, some bugs were already discovered. This is bad, Read more…

Photo by John Salvino on Unsplash

Another Deployment

I hoped on back to the certificate management application project again this week, to do some cleanup, adding a bit of documentation and test its deployment using FastCGI as well. Fortunately, the application still works as expected when deployed as a FastCGI process. We tested it out with the entire Read more…

Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

Up and Ready to Go

Continuing on from last week, I managed to finish up what I have left to do, i.e putting the participant’s contact email in the TSV output as well as testing out the POP3 implementation. Fortunately, everything went as expected. However, there were a few more additions that needed to be Read more…

Photo by Larisa Birta on Unsplash

Going back to where I started

This week I hoped on back into a project that I did during my internship here, i.e the Competition Registration System (CRS). Basically, some changes and enhancements are needed to be made, and the registration period for the competition starts next month. Some enhancements include splitting up the composer’s name Read more…

Misfortune with Windows

Just as I was continuing to test my current server application, I bumped into another problem. This time it’s a little tricky, as it is something that only happens to Windows, while the other operating systems I tested (i.e Linux and Mac OS) worked perfectly fined. The problem this time Read more…

Photo by John Salvino on Unsplash

The Calm After the Storm

Not much to be said for this week. However, as I have mentioned in my previous blog post, I have decided to just use RSA key pairs when generating client certificates. I was finally able to move on to other important stuff, such as setting up the Woocommerce web store. Read more…

Photo by John Salvino on Unsplash

Sweet Serendipity

I was able to discover the crux of the problem from last week. Previously, we were baffled by the fact that the size of the private key that is generated by the server application appears to much smaller than the private key that was generated by XCA, even though they Read more…

Photo by John Salvino on Unsplash

The Fault in My Code

So last week, we discovered that client certificates could not successfully be imported in both macOS and Windows operating systems. Testing out with a manually generated certificate using XCA, we were able to confirm that the problem was that the PKCS#12 generated by our application does not contain the full Read more…

Photo by John Salvino on Unsplash

Setup and Testing Week

The Setup Now that I have access to the production server, I had to pull the project’s code from our git repository into the server’s filesystem. Shortly after that, I needed to check if the server application could be built and executed. No major issues in that regard. Everything seemed Read more…