Spring Cleaning Part 6

So a few things were done for this week, which I will talk about one by one. First of all, the boost::json thread safety issue is finally resolved. The issue was that the #define BOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE directive needs to be defined in every single source file that includes the property tree Read more…

Spring Cleaning Part 5

Nothing much was done for this week, except for the fact that project thumbnails are now obtained from the server’s REST endpoint instead of a hardcoded image path. The REST endpoint basically extracts the thumbnail from a specific project archive, that is fetched from the cache or from user’s storage Read more…

Spring Cleaning Part 2

So I’ve made a few more strides in my spring cleaning adventures this week. I finally managed to get all my cURL test scripts to passed, which was a boost of confidence for me. Also, any other things that I had conveniently hardcoded back then were at least moved to Read more…

Photo by Charles Deluvio 🇵🇭🇨🇦 on Unsplash

Spring Cleaning

So basically all I am doing right now is cleaning up the codebase of P3 as much as I can. There were some instances where refactoring is needed, especially for the caching mechanism part. I’ve mentioned it before, but I just want to emphasize how important tests are when it Read more…

Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

Relief

This week I implemented the part where P3 is responsible for pulling the latest project files from S3. This is suppose to be done when a project has expired in the cache and is about to be flushed to the user’s storage. Therefore, it is a last minute effort to Read more…

Photo by Jacob Miller on Unsplash

Integration Part 2

So the journey of integrating with the sister project continues. Last week, I had the issue of not being able to open the IDE in a new tab programmatically as the browser’s pop-up blocker is preventing it from doing so. As mentioned before, the reason is because of the fact Read more…

Photo by Jacob Miller on Unsplash

Integration

For this week, I spent time trying to integrate my project, P3, with a sister project, i.e S3. The relationship between them is that P3 is a project dashboard manager, allowing users to create, read, update and delete their projects and boards, configure a cloud storage to be used to Read more…

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Refactoring

Not much was done for this week, except that I spent most of that time refactoring the caching mechanism. When I first started on the project, I was frustrated at the messiness of the codebase and how it took me longer than expected to understand the workings of the application. Read more…