I did not get into OAuth like what I was planning to do last week. Instead I was tweaking the application and the back end of the whole application.
I started with the GUI application of the revoke page. Previously, I tried to do some Auto complete function on the search tab to speed up the process of finding a certificate. But the method that I choose to implement this function is wrong. What I did was to first get the list of certificate from the resources and then add the list of certificate to the string list model of the suggestion pop up. This is functional and acceptable if there is only a small mount of certificate, but if there is a large amount of certificate, the application will be slow. I have decided to go back to the back and simply just have the user to input the certificate name first and then post the input to the resource to search for the certificate.
This is just one of the problems in the revoke page. Previously the flow of the revoke function is basically the user have to input the certificate to be revoke on a search tab and the application will search the approot of the application. Once the certificate is found, only the name of the folder containing the certificate will be display to user for confirmation. Dr. Shawn pointed out to me that this is not a very good way to confirm the certificate identity. I have to display the real information in the certificate but not just the folder name of the certificate. There are many commands on the web that can obtain the data of the certificate. I fond some of the commands from here. There are commands who can extract all the data from a certificate and there are commands that extract specific data. In this case, I will extract data of the Issuer , the Subject and the dates of the certificate. This will be display on the confirmation message box.
While I was working on this application, I have notice a problem with the signal in this application and it was disturbing.According to the flow of the code, the search button in this application will trigger the search void and post a request to the resource. The resource will then response with the data in the response body and the data is processed and passed to the confirmation message box. But there was an error in this process that require the user to click the search button twice to display the message box. I do not understand the error and the debugger statement is “Wt::decodeSignal(): signal ” not exposed”. Me and Islam have tried to work on this error and still cant figure out a way to solve this error. We have tried searching the Wt forums and found this. It state that I have to do with some witty security feature but we do not understand it well. We will be working on this problem in the following week.
I have also found many ways to parse the URL for the Http request. I used the class of Wt::Environment to get the URL scheme and the host name of the application.
I have constructed the renewal page of the application but I am still working on the connection to the period selection page for the renewal process to be completed.
This week I will focus on the signal problem in the revoke page and the back end of the revoke and renew resources.