Registration Slips

I am currently working on generating the registration slips for the participants of a music competition. After participants complete registration, these slips are sent to them to confirm their registration. This program starts off with listening to changes in the database. If a change is detected, the id of the Read more…

Slowdown

This week has been anything but productive. I have barely made any progress to the react-admin system and I keep coming across hurdles due to my lack of knowledge. At the start of the week I redid the user guide for my main application to provide a more concise instruction Read more…

Report Card

I have been involved with generating the report cards for participants of a competition. The report card will contain the candidate‚Äôs details as well as graphs that gives them a sense of how well they did in their venue, in their category, or among those who play the same instrument. Read more…

Photo by Vojtech Bruzek on Unsplash

Trailing On

With Electron finally up and Running I was told to get the Cordova App ready as well so I used a Plugin to add Cordova to my Vue project and managed to build an Android App that Emulated successfully. The Android App performed as expected except one minor problem. The Read more…

Tenth Week Updates

This week, I continued working on the report card which is to be sent to the participants. I used a CSV parser to parse the spreadsheet that holds the competition data. Dr Shawn has advised me to use a template to render the contents of the PDF in order to Read more…

Photo by Headway on Unsplash

First week at Aeste

I had expected plenty to go wrong on my first week; felt under prepared and built a hundred scenarios of how it might go wrong. However, it was quite the opposite, the place was very warm and welcoming, and I cannot recall a period in which I learned this number Read more…

Out and About

This week was the first in a long while where the work and stress level were relatively on the more manageable side of things. Finalization was done for the application by making last minute cosmetic changes like adjusting the application icon and changing the application name etc. Electron was successfully Read more…

Photo by Giorgio Tomassetti on Unsplash

Ninth Week Updates

A bug has arose from testing the code for computing the final results of the contestants. It had to do with not being able to receive all the documents in the database. After investigating it further, I discovered there was a default limit set on the number of documents returned. Read more…

Photo by Vojtech Bruzek on Unsplash

Wrapping Up

This week was spent entirely on debugging and testing to ensure that the final interface would be as seamless and optimal as possible. While writing my code I had overlooked some finer details with regards to how the data would change between interfaces when going from one role to another Read more…

Generating Infographics

To provide more value for the candidates in the competition, my task this week was to generate graphs which will be sent to them by email, that depict how well they did in relation to others. I started with using a TSV parser to pass the spreadsheet I generated earlier Read more…