Week 1010

Frustrating… that basically sums up whole previous week. Having all minor modules ready I started building the main part which is shortly speaking quite elaborate state machine using those modules in correct order. This turned out to be quite arduous work itself as one needs to be very careful when Read more…

W06- It’s about Java

My task for last week was suppose to be continue on my undone pipeline implementation on Execute and also Memory Access stage . However, due to my weakness on writing codes, my supervisor advise me to re-practise on Java tutorial but this time another practice link is given (http://codingbat.com/java) . Read more…

12- Down the wrong path

Basically I was supposed to add a small part to the simulation test bench of AEMB processor so that it’ll print out whenever there is a read or write to an I/O device displaying the address and used value. My mistake is that I didn’t realize I was supposed to Read more…

Week2: GPIO Driver & C++ Tutorial

My task for the week was to write a GPIO driver that is compatible to Arduino using C++ language. Although I have learnt the basics ways of coding in C++, I was asked to go through a C++ tutorial again, which indeed helped me quite a lot when writing the Read more…

Week 6: A presentation and a fake driver

I started my 6th week at Aeste by re-studying the beaglebone-6502 project done by matt porter of Texas Instruments. The reason my supervisor asked me to look back to this project was because it is simple and gives a good view of how remoteproc framework can be used. After studying Read more…

W05 — Pipeline Implementation in Java

As mentioned in my previous post, this week I will be working on source codes for the 5 classic stage of RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computer) pipeline which includes fetch, decode, execute, memory access and writeback. But before I get my hand started on these, I was reminded by supervisor to Read more…

Week 1001

Dear diary, This was my 9th week at Aeste and 2nd working on ECDSA. I am surprised but there actually is some progress in my current project. Field arithmetic part (most important) is almost done so starting from next week I can proceed to implement actual algorithm, which is not Read more…