On my fifth week here, I finished up the SPI that was compatible with the Wishbone bus. I was able to have it working for the four modes of the SCLK.
I had to make many changes to the design because I did not have the right idea of the SPI’s functionality to begin with. My colleague Mostafa and my boss Shawn took some time to explain to me several issues regarding my MISO and and how similar the four modes are in terms of sending and sampling data.
I spent the next three days fixing it.
I also had the opportunity to tweak the design so that it transfers the in a more efficient way. For the final shift, the SPI will automatically transfer the data to the data register whereas the data register will transfer the data to the transmission register.
I am looking forward to learn about the UART I/O device and start designing it this week.