Author: Jia Jen

Additional Functionalities of the API

This week I managed to finish off the REST API except for the REST client specific specifications which at that time was still undecided. Hence, I proceeded with adding the SMTP functionalities. It took...

Coding the REST API

I finally started coding out the REST API. There was not much to be noted though as it was just mainly implementing the details of what was previously drafted into code. This time I...

SQLite WAL and Witty

This week was spent drafting and planning the REST API. But before delving into that, there is something that could be useful when developing future applications with Witty. As mentioned in a previous post,...

Relief

This week did not start off well. Despite spending the weekend trying to get the application to work on the Pi, it still kept on crashing in most parts of the application. This was...

The Bug Hunt

With the deadline approaching, I spent the last week making sure that the application is accessible and user-friendly enough for the end user. This was mainly accomplished with the use of CSS. With that...

Comparative Judging

After delaying the comparative algorithm aspects of the application for some time, it was great being able to finally make some implementable progress on it this week. It began with the primitive idea of...

The flow

This week was mainly spent finishing up the flow of the program. I first started with modifying the data file importer to accommodate the requested changes and continued with the addition of the CRUD...

Backtracking

For the most part of the week everything was going according to plan. Setting priorities right, we decided to focus on the flow of the application which meant making sure that the application is...

Begin with the end in mind

Earlier this week I managed to get Google’s OAuth Service to work. This feature allows the application to link a Google Account to an internal login in the database and in a way, somewhat...

Of SegFaults and Compiler Errors

My progress with building web applications with Witty was kind of unpredictable. Some of the days I was able to complete most of the functionalities of a web page while on others barely anything...