Triggering the simulation is the task I am working on lately. I will try this time to sum up what I have done to fulfil this task. To recall, we need to read the addresses to which data are stored, and addresses from where data are loaded, then, trigger the corresponding I/O device. In other words, when the line-by-line simulation is running on the editor side, we need to check the addresses when Load/Store operations occur, if the address is related to a device that is on the schematic, then, we trigger that device.
When I showed my progress to Dr Shawn, he told me that the code is not robust, and he proved it to me. When he changed the code on the Codemirror side, it did not work and there was no triggering or triggering to wrong modules because I did not put in mind that the variable names are set by the users and they can be anything. I assumed that variable names consist of two letters and starts with capital K, and this is definitely wrong. Thus, Dr Shawn recommended me with two ways to complete this task the right way. So, my progress so far is alright, but it is not fully completed yet since there is more work to be done. I decided to do both ways Dr Shawn suggested, and then compare how robust and how well both methods can perform, then, choose the better one to fulfil this task. Since I already talked a lot, I will tell you more about the two methods, what they are, how they can be done and the comparison next week. Stay tuned!