This week, my first task is to check if the simulator simulates the c++ codes correctly. Hence, I referred to the console and looked for evidence to prove it. However, I could not find enough information about the instructions at each cycle in the console. I had to use objdump to display more information about the object code and then look the instruction numbers up. With the help of the RISC-V handbook, I was able to show that the simulator actually works.


After that, Dr. Shawn explained the details of integrating the simulator into another project. I started off by moving the important files from the simulator project’s  folder my current working directory. I rebuilt the files and I have tested for a few times. The simulator still works but I am still not convinced. I will spend some time on it next week to clear my doubts

Categories: Experiential


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.