My progress is still slow this week. At first, I struggled with generating an elf binary file from a source code. Dr Shawn reminded me to use the RISCV compiler to generate the elf file. Hence, I read some RISCV documentations and options for linking to get a better understanding of compiling using RISCV compiler. After generating an elf file, I used that to test the simulator. I tried simulating a couple of elf file but I keep getting the similar wt internal error. Hence I read the source code for the simulator, follow the flow of the program and try to find the bug. On Saturday, Dr Shawn came to the office and he showed me how to test the simulator.
Now that I not only have a big picture of the project, I also have the basic understanding to start working on it. I believe I can make more progress next week.