Zedboard on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
It was fun getting the Zedboard working on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. We are using 2012.4 version of ISE/Vivado Webpack. There are no major tricks in getting it to work but since there does not seem to be a guide out there, I thought that I’d write a quick one here.
- Download ISE Webpack from Xilinx here.
We are using version 2012.4 here.
- Unpack the ISE Webpack.
$ tar -xf Xilinx_ISE_DS_Lin_14.4_P.49d.3.0.tar
- Install the ISE Webpack.
- Download the Digilent run-time from Digilent here.
- Unpack the Digilent run-time.
$ tar -zxf digilent.adept.runtime_2.10.2-i686.tar.gz
- Install the Digilent run-time.
- Install the Digilent FTDI run-time.
- Download the Digilent plugin from Digilent here.
- Unpack the plugin.
$ tar -zxf libCseDigilent_2.4.3-i686.tar.gz
- Copy the plugin into the ISE Webpack directory.
Read the included documentation for instructions.
- Start ISE Webpack.
$ source /opt/Xilinx/14.4/ISE_DS/ISE/settings32.sh