Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

End of the Line

I spent most of the time this week deploying two of our projects, P3 and S3. I started off with P3 first, since it was one of the previous projects where I contributed to its development. But while testing out the deployment, some bugs were already discovered. This is bad, Read more…

Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

Uneventful Week

There is nothing much to be said for this week, but I’ll try my best as I can. Basically time for this week was spent addressing minor UI issues in my project. One of it was making my carousel component to be a bit more generic, so that it could Read more…

Spring Cleaning Part 6

So a few things were done for this week, which I will talk about one by one. First of all, the boost::json thread safety issue is finally resolved. The issue was that the #define BOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE directive needs to be defined in every single source file that includes the property tree Read more…

Spring Cleaning Part 5

Nothing much was done for this week, except for the fact that project thumbnails are now obtained from the server’s REST endpoint instead of a hardcoded image path. The REST endpoint basically extracts the thumbnail from a specific project archive, that is fetched from the cache or from user’s storage Read more…

Spring Cleaning Part 3

It feels like there is no end to this. About 5 months have passed since I started working on this project, but even at this point there is still much to be done. Dr Shawn told me about the Pareto Principle, which I can relate to this project a lot. Read more…

Spring Cleaning Part 2

So I’ve made a few more strides in my spring cleaning adventures this week. I finally managed to get all my cURL test scripts to passed, which was a boost of confidence for me. Also, any other things that I had conveniently hardcoded back then were at least moved to Read more…

Photo by Charles Deluvio 🇵🇭🇨🇦 on Unsplash

Spring Cleaning

So basically all I am doing right now is cleaning up the codebase of P3 as much as I can. There were some instances where refactoring is needed, especially for the caching mechanism part. I’ve mentioned it before, but I just want to emphasize how important tests are when it Read more…

Photo by Fabian Grohs on Unsplash

Relief

This week I implemented the part where P3 is responsible for pulling the latest project files from S3. This is suppose to be done when a project has expired in the cache and is about to be flushed to the user’s storage. Therefore, it is a last minute effort to Read more…

Photo by Jacob Miller on Unsplash

Integration Part 2

So the journey of integrating with the sister project continues. Last week, I had the issue of not being able to open the IDE in a new tab programmatically as the browser’s pop-up blocker is preventing it from doing so. As mentioned before, the reason is because of the fact Read more…