Page 2 of 47

Of SegFaults and Compiler Errors

My progress with building web applications with Witty was kind of unpredictable. Some of the days I was able to complete most of the functionalities of a web…

Not as Smooth as I’d thought

Week 5. I continued working on utilizing FreeRTOS for our board as last week I had done a very improper implementation. In my inexperienced eyes, everything was working, but…

Progress Won’t Happen Without Struggle

Using one word to describe this week’s progress, that would be the word SLOW. Or more accurate, SLOWEST! The week however, just passed so fast. I was disappointed…

To FreeRTOS

This week I was tasked with migrating our PIC32 code so it would use the superior FreeRTOS architecture instead of a superloop. Having no experience in FreeRTOS whatsoever I began…

Buzzer : Active or Passive, It Must Sound

I started off this week by designing the code for a passive buzzer. It was quite a simple task as I only made a few changes compared to…

Effort is vital. But the key to make all the difference is knowing HOW and WHERE to put the effort!

I was having unfinished work from last week of not having the results I wanted from the test bench. The acknowledge signal of Wishbone does not behave as…

Week 3

It’s already week 3. Time flies on internship. Its really not boring either. I sometimes spend +8 hours in the office but I’m never thinking “Oh man when can I leave?”…

Characterizing The Boards

This was my second week here. I was tasked with troubleshooting and characterizing the boards. There are in total seven prototypes for me to play with. The boards…

The Light That Lights My World

On Monday, I was almost done with the design code for my first module, a 7 colour auto flash LED. I chose this module to start with as…

The Board Works

I was stucked with my work when I could not program the board as I wanted. I made a program of LED blinking and LED being turned on…

Ethernet Chip

This week I spent most of my time testing the networking section of the board. Firstly I tried to run a simple TCP server code on the board…

First week

Day 1 & 2: Upon my arrival, I was warmly welcomed and informed that Dr. Shawn wasn’t in office today. As a matter of fact, the other interns mentioned to…

37 sensors

This week had been exciting for me as now I have the Digilent Atlys Spartan 6 board to play with. Dr. Shawn taught me on USB over IP,…

It Has Arrived

This week the board finally arrived and immediately I noticed that the ethernet jack was missing after notifying Dr. Shawn I then started testing the board with an…

Doing Things Does Not Mean Getting Things Done!

This week I started with having both SPI master and SPI slave verified for its functionality. Besides checking for the results of waveform graph manually, I also made…