In my second week, time was an issue. Therefore, I attempted to finish up more this week (my third week) so that I can cover the workload from week two. Generally, I am supposed to finish the opcodes by the end of this week. However, like 99% of the things with programming, it always ends up as an underestimation.
Besides that, I another underestimation was my understanding of the architecture. As I was working on the single thread, I set out to work on the registers first because they were most important. Then I had to think about how to design the structure for decoding the instructions. I wanted to make use of whatever information I have and that caused quite a delay for me. Luckily, I have found out an efficient way to handle the decoding, read and writes, branching and shifting. I will be cleaning up the code to reflect this better solution.
Besides that, as this will be a web project, I have to put in deep thoughts about the abstraction of all the modules and their related functions in order to reduce bigger change in the future. While I have finished the basic structures, I have yet to check my code for errors. I will therefore run it with JSLint to see what kind of possible errors you have written on your code and you change it to a better solution.
A quick update on my progress:
I have finished about 70 opcodes and edited the two main files, and I have added aeMB.js for the simulation of aeMB. I will continue to finish up as many opcodes as possible and start working on the simulator designs, code clean up and encapsulations. I think by Sunday I will be able to finish up with the opcodes also the structures of the website.